Tuesday, December 7, 2010

three, part two

Hard to beleive our little boy is three. What a fun weekend we had celebrating. Jaxon's birthday party was on Sunday. The cupcakes were frosted, the party hats were on,
the friends and party guests had arrived. There was the obligatory cute baby sister, scrutinizing... watching... taking notes for future birthday parties.
Pretty sure the birthday boy had a good time. How could you not when everyone you ask for a cupcake thinks it's your first one? Dear Jaxon,

You are the most amazing little boy with the biggest heart.

On your third birthday, I want you to know how much your parents love you. How we think about you throughout our day. Even though we can't always be with you, we wish we could.

Tonight as I was hanging out downstairs watching GLEE and updating your blog, listening to you sing Jingle Bells in your crib when you should be sleeping put the biggest smile on my face. It reminded me of myself as a kid. Hearing you tell me that you can't use the cucumber melon soap because it has pickles on it, has me cracking up. The fact that you told me you weren't going to hurt anyone today at daycare made me a a little nervous, but at least you didn't say the opposite.

And the sweet boy in you that is so thankful for his mommy and daddy, makes me just want to squeeze you tighter, hold you longer, stay up later, and be with you more.

I know why my parent's (your grandma and grandpa) always said, 'just you wait till you have kids'. They said that about a lot of things, but it's so true, that you never quite know what it will be like until you dive in. I am beyond grateful for you and could probably gush for another paragraph or two, but I won't.

I'll just hug you a little tighter tomorrow, hold you a little longer, stay up a little later with you.

We love you, Mom and Dad

2 comments:

  1. I'm not crying. Definitely. Not. Crying. Sniff, sniff.

    Happy birthday, sweet Jaxon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Birthday Jaxon. Wow you are getting to be such a big guy. Three years old already. Hope you had a wonderful Birthday, it sure looks like you had lots of fun.
    Love ya
    Darlene

    ReplyDelete