Wednesday, August 22, 2012

a warm blanket

Most people know I grew up in West Fargo, North Dakota. We call it Fargo for short. And some people just call it the flyover state. Others make fun of it because everyone says 'oh ya, you betcha.'

To me, it is home.

It doesn't take the place of my current home and family, because that is everything to me. But it certainly has a special place in my heart and every time I go there, it feels like home. You know that feeling? When you drive into town and it just feels like someone gave you a hug...or wrapped a warm blanket around you... comforting, familiar, and full of family.

I love it and cherish the time we get when we go home for simple days, simple pleasures.

Like shucking corn. 

We went 'home' a couple weekends ago for what I anticipate will become an annual venture. Nearly 300 ears of corn were shucked, blanched, bagged and frozen for the winter.
 
The kids had a blast, even though they arrived for the last five minutes...

How can you not have fun when everyone is focused on you. And you have a paper towel holder to use as a bat to practice your t-ball?
And you get to spend quality time with your mommy?
And examine those little green things called vegetables!
And pose in a picture where you pretend to eat those little green things called vegetables?
 
Looking forward to next year's Walker Schuckfest...
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Oh how I miss Jaxon's laughter. Love all the pictures. They are getting so big. What a wonderful family picture too. I think you should frame it.
    Miss you guys. Take care.

    ReplyDelete