Sunday, November 4, 2012

i do. again and again.

this weekend, my sister and law said 'i do' to her best friend allen.
what a great couple.
 
they remind me a lot of two people i know from long ago.
about seven years to be exact.
 
nearly 18 years ago, i met and fell in love with my best friend. i'll never forget that high school football game at Eden Prairie- I'm sure we lost but I couldn't care less.
 
I had just asked a five year old to ask my future husband to the Sadie Hawkins dance for me. I thought it clever and cute. Never did I think i'd be marrying my date and calling his five year old brother an in-law!
 
but i digress.
 
we've been through a lifetime together in 18 years of friendship and 7 years of marriage. never a dull moment in our house it seems. through all the ups and downs though, i'd do it all over again. how can you really go wrong when you marry your best friend?
 
especially since he gave me these bright shining stars...
 
 

 
i love you honiez. happy anniversary! hugs and kisses to you and best of wishes.
 
jenny and allen- we wish you both an eternity of love and joy, happiness and laughter. you're certainly off to a good start!

1 comment:

  1. They really are the cutest. :) Happy seven (18!) years to one of our favorite couples!

    ReplyDelete