Sunday, February 14, 2010

Grrr...it's the year of the Tiger!

Yesterday we went to Grandma and Grandpa's to celebrate Chinese New Year's Eve. No crystal ball dropped, but dad lit some firecrackers and I sure got a lot of red envelopes and filled my belly full of yummy food. Much more exciting that traditional New Year's Eve!


I know the value of a good red envelope...

That fish you see there. My daddy caught that in Canada. It was real tasty. Can't say much about the abilone (mom didn't care for it), but the rest was pretty good. Grandma is a good cook! Especially the pound cake!

Before dinner we lit some incense and waved it around... not sure what it did, but I'm guessing it blesses us for the year?

Then, dad lit off some firecrackers. I think this is supposed to scare away any evil spirits. Perhaps the neighbors as well.

I sure thought it was funny though!
Here's to a great New Year to everyone!

1 comment: