Sunday, April 18, 2010

stupid is as stupid does.

Yesterday, as we were going about our business, getting ready to leave the house for something, Jaxon started saying 'stupid'.
Stupid, stupid, stupid.

Oh boy. I thought I had at least another year before he started picking up things from the kids at daycare (it's always someone else's kid that teaches them those things right?).

When I asked him to stop and threatened a time out if he didn't (I know, another parenting faux paux- but I would have carried through on it!), he began saying 'stup' just to show me that he wasn't actually saying the full word so I couldn't technically give him a time out.

Lord, do we have our work cut out for us. This kid is too smart. I asked him where he learned that word, and he said 'daddy' and something about it just came out of his mouth, like he couldn't control where it came from or something.

Now, of course, we would never use poor language around Jaxon, so this had to be a fib he was telling. I'll still blame the daycare kids. Sorry guys. But I will start watching what I say around him a little more closely, now that I know he's paying attention.

Anyway... we did more than lecture Jaxon on the word stupid this weekend. We also watched him clean daddy's golf balls and clubs for him. Stupid golf. If it isn't fantasy football season, it is ice fishing season, and when the ice melts it is golf season. It never ends. Stupid, stupid, stupid.








1 comment:

  1. Oh Brenna. I am so grateful that you guys are paving the road for us, because I know you'll figure all of this parenting boys stuff out and then I can reap the benefits of your experience. :)

    And, cute shirt. Cal has that one, too!

    ReplyDelete