Monday, April 5, 2010

The Easter Bunny

The past few weeks, people have been talking about this elusive 'Easter Bunny'. Mom has been reading me books about him and the kids at daycare talk about him like he is Santa or something. I haven't been too sure, because there doesn't seem to be any concrete evidence that he exists. Until yesterday.

I was minding my own business, napping in my room, when I woke up suddenly. Daddy and mommy came in and said that somebody, or rather Somebunny, had been at the house and had left a trail outside my room leading to a basket full of stuff. Well, that piqued my interest just a little bit. So I took a gander and found little bunny tracks on our floor! They were pink and small and outlined with a Sharpie marker. Ah-ha! I thought. I've got you now Mister Easter Bunny.

And so, I followed the tracks...

And I found your little treasure you left me.

And yes, I ate the candy you left inside the little eggs. I decided from then on, anytime someone tells me about a mythological character related to a holiday, it must be good and I must believe!


Earlier that day...

Mom and I discovered the art of dying Easter eggs. If the little metal thing that holds your eggs doesn't work...

Just dip it in...
And then put stickers on the eggs, cuz that makes them way more attractive.


Later that day...

I went outside to discover that the Easter bunny is even cooler than I thought. He hid eggs all over the yard and I just so happened to have this great little blue basket to put them in. Each one had candy in it too. How did I get so lucky?

And yes, of course my daddy had to go on his own Easter hunt, but all he found was a snake! No thank you!

Hope you all had as good of an Easter as we did and may the Easter bunny visit you often!

1 comment:

  1. It is always best to believe in anyone who is said to bring you stuff. Especially when that stuff is candy.

    I love the picture of J standing next to his basket. Gosh, he's cute.

    ReplyDelete