Friday, May 7, 2010

ideas sometimes lead to...

free Twins tickets!

One casual Sunday morning, Scott and I were reading the newspaper and saw an article about Minnesota Idea Open. It's a thinktank, if you will, for people like you and me. They take all of our ideas, let some experts look at them, and then a bunch of people vote, and someone gets their idea implemented. Okay, that is bare bones version. The first Idea Open centered around Obesity and how to tackle this XXL problem in MINNEsota. So I had a brilliant idea, I submitted it, and found out that of 414 entries, I was selected as one of 20 semi-finalists.

Althought i was not selected as a finalist, I was still quite honored and very excited when I found out they were giving us free Twins tickets.

Last night we got to go to the game, walk around the field beforehand in an Idea Open Parade, and got free concession stand dollars. It was awesome.

And once again, we got matching t-shirts for the family, although as you will see, they ran out of smalls. Here are some photos of our fun night at Target Field.
All the way there, Jaxon was cheering 'Go Twins Go!'. Now he got to do it with a pom-pom ;-)


The dirt for the mound and grass for the field.


Look closely. You can see us on the jumotron! J thought that was pretty surreal.




Jaxon, still trying to find TC the bear and wondering why we can't go on the grass!



2 comments:

  1. Looks like a fun time. Good for you guys. Erin and her whole family attended last nights game as well. Brr didn't you freeze out there in the drizzle? So please let me know your idea on how we can all lose weight. I would love any suggestions you have to offer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I definitely think you need to share your brilliant idea with us, B! That is really, really cool. And what a great prize...I'll bet Jaxon loved it!

    ReplyDelete