Monday, November 8, 2010

family blessings

Ahhh Guilt.
I often say that Kiley misses out on so much as a second child because we just forget. It's not new to us anymore, so we tend to take for granted all the new things going on in her life. Pictures, first babbles and coos, rolling over, halloween costumes.... okay, now I really am starting to make myself feel guilty...
But, if there's one thing that guilt does well, it's that it helps me learn from past mistakes. When I saw the pictures from Jaxon's Baptism, I was slightly disappointed. So, I made sure to take extra pictures of Kiley's. Well, I had my mom take them because I was a little busy.
Here's a photo montage of her special day a few weeks ago. Take that Guilt!
We also thought it would be fun to get some family photos wiht both sides of our families. Well, my mom thought this would be a good idea, not so sure everyone else did. It was quite comical and I have to say I love my family. With all their quirks and differences, they are the best. And we felt so, so blessed this weekend. We had Scott's family who was able to drive from Bloomington to be there for the day. (Last time we tried this for Jaxon's Baptism, a snowstorm stopped them from coming.) And my family was able to be there of course as well so it was great to have everyone together.
This was the best shot we had (above).
And this is, I'm guessing, is what we have to look forward to for future family photos. Pure chaos. Hmmm... why does it seem everyone is looking at Jaxon? Even Kiley knows. He is trouble.
And this picture I just thought was funny. Clearly I got the joke. And so...
Welcome, precious little child,
So fresh from God above,
Baptised today in Jesus’ name,
Held in His arms of love.
May angels guide your tiny feet
And bring you smiles to wear,
And may our Heavenly Father
Always keep you in His care.

No comments:

Post a Comment