Sunday, June 5, 2011

reunion


It's amazing how quickly time goes and how fast the kids grow up. We went to a daycare reunion party this afternoon and saw some of our friends from 'Narlene's'. On our way there, Jaxon was so excited to see his friends Lily and Vance and Michael--crazy that I hardly even recognized them when we got there! My how they've grown!


And it was a little less than a year ago that we were at Darlene's with Kiley- one of her first backyard BBQ's. She was only a couple months old then. Now she is so big and eating her own cake. Yes, I know you are supposed to give them their first cake on their birthdays, but she is already a highly experienced cake eater. And she's not even from Edina. Well, I guess technically she is since she was born there. But I digress.

I thought Jaxon would be shy when we got there, not having seen his friends in such a long time. But he was same old Jaxon doing his 'ooh yeah's and putting on show. Always talking...' Reminds me of someone I know.


Kiley thouroughly enjoyed the swing. I realized when I got home too, that my camera really has a knack for focusing only on my kids...sorry everyone else--I hope you took your own pictures ;-)

Well, I got this one, of some of the kids eating dinner. Er, cake. Yes, our son ate cake for dinner. And mini donuts for lunch. So what?
It was really fun seeing everyone and what a perfect day for it!

1 comment:

  1. It was wonderful seeing everyone. I do miss Jaxon saying "hey Narnene" and climbing up on lap trying to make it to my lap before the other kids could grab a spot. Love that boy!

    ReplyDelete