Sunday, July 17, 2011

i blinked

I blinked.

I blinked and before you know it, my chubby little 6 month old turned into a 3 1/2 year old semi-grown up and my colicky little newborn grew into a toddler.

No really. I think I blinked and this past week my kids grew up before my eyes (which were blinking).

Kiley started to walk. She also has several distinguishable words now, which only a select few can decipher. She says 'meh' for milk, 'moh' for more, and something like 'taku' for thank you. I may have heard her say jaxon tonight too, but i can't be sure. Kiley has also learned the meaning of the word no. And we can all verify that she doesn't like being told no. Girl knows what she wants and she's gonna get it, one way or another. She can put on the waterworks within seconds (and stop them as soon as she gets what she wants).

Jaxon learned how to pee standing up (albeit after many, many failed attempts, he is now aiming and mostly hitting the right spot- sorry Jerry and Ellie for the walls of your bathroom in Cabin 6 will never be the same).

Jaxon also got to sleep in a big bed last week in Cedar Lake. He did so good and was so proud of himself. He wanted his bed changed at home too. Yes, we still had him in a crib--don't kid yourself, you know you wished you'd kept your kids in cribs till they were 5! Foolish people who transition toddlers early ;-)

So this afternoon, we transitioned him (see happy dance above). I had to fight back a couple of tears. He was beyond excited though and I can just tell that he feels a little more confident. He has been running around saying how he is a big boy now and 'I can do this or that because I'm a big boy and I have a big boy bed'. Who knew? Such a simple thing could bring so much pleasure. Let's just hope he stays in his big boy bed tonight since I'm home alone with the kids...eech!

So much change. I'm happy watching them grow up, but it also makes me sad to know they'll never be that little again. And I was reminded again today that I need to slow down... live in the aftermath, and take in every moment with these pieces of sunshine.

As my grandma is in a hospital bed, giving her best fight yet, I wanted to dedicate this post to her. Grandma- I know you love reading my blog, and so I'm hoping you're able to get to a computer real soon and check out the following video clip and some of the pictures from our Cedar Lake trip. They are sure to have you laughing and smiling in no time. We love you and are praying for your speedy recovery- I'm also looking forward to your first facebook status post when you're back at it.
Kiley walking. She's got the drunken sailor part down so far...and this girl is keeping us hopping! She is into EVERYTHING.... Wish us luck. I've said it before and I'll say it again- she is gonna be a handful!

1 comment:

  1. That's all it takes...a blink. Crazy. So proud of Kiley, what a big girl! I love those wobbly first steps. We're getting ready for the big boy bed transition and it makes me want to bawl my eyes out.

    ReplyDelete