Wednesday, August 31, 2011

bits of sunshine

It's hard to believe that summer is almost gone.

I just want to soak up every last bit of sunshine and daylight because I know that in a couple of short months we'll be donning our winter coats and gloves, boots where our sandals once were and scarves covering our tan lines.

We'll be trekking through eight inches of sloppy, wet, dirty snow.

Salt stains on our freshly drycleaned clothes, big bulky coats and warm cozy sweaters (those I can handle).

Pot roast and football.

Ice fishing trips and grey, dreary days.

Scraping the car windows and losing my mittens. Again. For the eighteenth time.

Hot chocolate and an extra five pounds. Snuggies on the couch and watching lots of Fall Television...

It's depressing really.

But, on the brighter side.... I have these guys...

 And when the days get way too long and grey, I'm going to look back at this post and smile. Remembering the last days of summer. That one last trip around the block in the cruiser. The warmth. The humidity.

 I'll steal the sunshine from their smiles and shine it down over me.
It will keep me warm and cozy and brighten my day in the dead of winter.
Who needs a Snuggie when you have your own sunshine?

4 comments:

  1. ahhhh...I will also bookmark this post because those 2 cheery little faces and their smiles will always light up my days....thanks B!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE these pictures. SO cute. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have some delicious babies. I love Kiley's look of pure bliss!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They r too sweet! So lucky to have them as my niece and nephew!

    ReplyDelete