Sunday, December 16, 2012

no words

Though there have been many opinions... many tweets... and many posts on facebook about what happened last Friday at the Newtown, CT school, for me, there are simply no words.

Only tears and sadness.

And hope.

As I painfully watched our President speak about the shooting of innocent children, teachers, and school administrators, all I could think of was those parents who had to show up at the school looking for their child, and not finding them.

And before me flashed all of my hopes and dreams for my children...

Kiley and Jaxon,

I hope that you never have to hear about a school shooting on the evening news... have to learn about it from your friends at school, or have to experience it yourself.

I hope you never feel scared to walk down the streets or play in your own home.

I hope you follow your dreams... become a scientist or a rock star, a nurse or a teacher... I hope you find the love of your life and never let them go. I hope you travel the world, try new foods, learn to speak Spanish or Chinese, and walk across the Great Wall of China. I hope you have babies of your own and hold them close every morning before school and every night before bed.

And I hope you never know the sadness that our country undoubtedly felt this past week...

For the families involved in this terrible tragedy, including those first responders, those who were left behind, and yes, even those family members of the shooter... I hope you find peace and comfort in God's hands, if not now, then someday.

No comments:

Post a Comment