Sunday, March 21, 2010

movies in the car + junk food + swimming = iowa

Well, Northern Iowa accomplished more than just a record upset this weekend. They made a lifer out of Jaxon. We think he will forever love Iowa. We took a family trip down to Okoboji for a last getaway before the baby comes. We got to see some old friends while we were there which was an extra bonus.

While we were there we...

Went tubing down the lazy river. We were really lazy... we went down this river ALOT. But it was much warmer than the other water, for whatever reason, and fun bumping into people. We played tag with mommy too.

We also practiced swimming (which by the way, also is fun to practice at home on the floor), and sometimes I drank a little too much water and got some in my ears. Daddy taught me to just shake my head all around and that water comes right out.


Did a little pirating...
And daddy taught me how to jump off the edge into the water where he would catch me. This was my favorite part of all, until he started yelling at me because I like to jump in the water even when he's not there. No fear!
We also got to play at the arcade. I won some candy at the claw game and watched daddy lose $10 to a game that he just had to beat, but couldn't. Sorry daddy. It's okay.
We had SO MUCH FUN. I highly recommend IOWA if you're looking for a great getaway ;-)

No comments:

Post a Comment