Sunday, September 26, 2010

just tired

Well, I am exhausted. I'm not gonna lie, I'm just plain tired. And I look around the house and just want to take a push broom and clean up all the toys, the random socks that fell off Kiley's feet, the towel Jaxon left on the floor from his bath, the heels and pom poms he was playing with (yes, I said heels and pom poms!), and the kernal of corn, fruit snack, and crumbs on the kitchen floor. If I Could just sweep them up into a big vat, snap my fingers and have the clean-fairy or friendly goblin come and put them away for me, I would be ever grateful.
But. I don't think that's going to happen.
And so.
I will let them sit there until Scott comes home from his business trip. And then I will tell him that it all happened that day and I didn't have a chance to clean it up. Because the thought of cleaning anything right now makes me even more tired than I already am. I think when he gets home I will have my own little 'restore the sanity rally'.
Anyhoo, one thing that's been on my list forever to do and I finally got some kick in the pants to do it, is to order prints of all the thousands of pictures I've taken this year. I finished two years of scrapbooks for Jaxon and was so determined to stay on track once Kiley came around.
Not doing so hot.
I haven't started Jaxon's year three album and am leaning towards doing combo albums for the rest of their lives. Who has time to do 18 albums for each of thier kids? Seriously.
So, Snapfish is having a fabulous fall sale and I must order my prints by Thursday! I'm through half the year so far, but it's taking forever.
Because I keep finding pictures like this: and then laughing about 'those days'.
And then Jaxon keeps looking at me funny, like this:
and i just can't concentrate.
And this is just plain cute, so it makes me stop to think how cute it is.

And this one. Well, this one just makes me miss Scott because it reminds me of him. Like father like son. This says it all.

And well, you know how reminscing is... you can't stop and yet you need to so you can go to bed and get your kids ready for daycare, fill the car with gas, stop for coffee (extra shot!), and get yourself to work to do an 8 am presentation. Aye. Wish me luck.

2 comments:

  1. You have an exceptionally cute family. And I'm tired just reading this. Hope Scott's back soon.
    Also, had to laugh at the pom poms. Can't wait for Calvin and Jaxon's "special friendship" to bloom. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great pictures. Love the Mr Potato head glasses that Jaxon has on.
    Good Luck. Daddy will be home soon and then mommy needs some me time.

    ReplyDelete