Tuesday, March 22, 2011

getting lucky

This past weekend was a weekend for getting lucky. Not the kind of luck you're thinking, come on- head out of the gutter!

Friday night, we went to Amelia's birthday party at Davanni's. Amelia turned three, she's one of the girls in Jaxon's daycare. It was one of our first outings in big boy underwear, no pullups. So, when Jaxon told me he had to go potty, I thought, boy we are getting somewhere! He's been doing such a great job with the potty training (and secretly I like to credit myself because of my attitude change!), so off to the restroom we went. I had brought along our travel potty seat- you basically put it on top of the adult seats so that they don't feel like they'll fall in.

Now, here's where we all need a little luck...

Jaxon sat right up there and started peeing, but somehow it ended up all over my shirt. A nice big wet ring in the center of my t-shirt. My jeans were not spared either. I had a flyaway cardigan on over my shirt though- Lucky. And it was the end of the party and we were headed home. Also- Lucky.

Saturday I ran the Get Lucky 7K in Minneapolis. It was really cold to start, but I had a great run and along the way saw some adoring fans. Scott ended up taking Jaxon and Kiley out to see me run--

Lucky? Oh yes, I felt like the luckiest girl in the world. So wonderful to have such an amazing husband who has been at almost all of my races, supporting me every slow step of the way ;-)

Definately Lucky.

And Kiley. Well, when she projectile vomited all over me on Friday night, I guess you could say I felt Lucky that Scott was there to help me clean it up. And very Lucky that we had clean clothes and fresh cribsheets for her, especially given my ability to walk on by the laundry now ;-)

Here's to feeling Lucky!

No comments:

Post a Comment