Thursday, March 17, 2011

little leprechauns

I'm not Irish, but I guess I like to think I am. I've been to Ireland twice in my life and it's definately a place I could see myself going back, over and over. It's got a lot of history, beautiful scenery, and amazing people. So I always get a little giddy on this day and it reminds me of the good times I had back in the Emerald Isle.

And it gives me a reason to cut out little footprints again!

Last year we had a visit from the Easter Bunny and I had Jaxon follow the footprints all over our house to his Easter basket. Today, we had a visit from some leprechauns! We were joking about them stealing Jaxon's underwear the other night, and so I had to chuckle to myself when I stepped outside this morning and saw a pair of his briefs on the garage door steps.. I must have dropped them... or perhaps a little green fellow slipped into the house? We'll never know.

Now, On to the little leprechauns.

I think I derive great pleasure from my own sense of humor. I'm sure when my kids are 13 and 15 and I'm still hiding their pots of gold or Easter baskets with little footprints all over the house, they are gonna think I'm crazy. But, eventually, when they're like 30 or so, they'll remember.

And they'll be doing it for their kids.


It all started when we saw those green little tracks through the house. Look over there! Someone's been here!! 

 All footprints lead to this door...

 That leprechaun didn't steal my underpants! He actually brought me a bag of stuff!

Jaxon, campaigning for me to help him open his bag, thinking that a leprechaun might actually pop out!
Kiley wasn't too sure about the whole leprechaun thing and decided to wait it out in her carseat. Smart. You never know Kiley. You never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment