Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mothers' Day

As mother's days come and go, I have to say that this one has meant a lot to me. It isn't one thing we did or the gifts I received, but maybe just the realization of how very lucky I am...

Trying to 'sleep in' this morning, I was greeted with Jaxon in my face, sniffing or snorting, making some wierd noise, then climbing into bed in between Scott and I. I tried to close my eyes and just rest for another twenty minutes but the rustling of the sheets and leg kicking my back with Happy Feet on in the background sort of prevented that...

Scott asked the kids to help him make some breakfast... we were out of pancake mix, but Jaxon declared he had a good recipe on his 'cell phone' (the one he got in his McDonald's Happy Meal).

Note to self: teach Jaxon how a cookbook works. 


After mixing up some batter, we decided on waffles, but we had no syrup because we just used it up yesterday. Kiley threw her toast on the ground and fought with Jaxon over the last of the blueberries (which she also calls strawberries so you just have to guess which one she actually wants). There goes my freshly mopped floor...

Following breakfast, they decided to color with the paint dabbers I bought them. Somehow we ended up missing a cap to one of them and we've only owned them for 48 hours. How does that happen??

But Jaxon made me a picture and presented it to me as a Mothers' Day gift and said 'I love you'. "because that's what you do on Mother's Day.", so says the wise Jaxon.
Between all this chaos of the day, I was reminded, what a gift they are.

We certainly have had our battles lately, but these two are the most amazing, lovely little munchkins a mother could ask for. And I'm also so thankful for my mother, who taught me everything I know (along with my dad, What to Expect When You're Expecting, and WebMD)... thanks mom!

And thanks to my kids and husband for a wonderful day today, and every day...

No comments:

Post a Comment