Sunday, August 22, 2010

30 minutes

I'm beginning to think a half an hour is all I need. A half an hour. 30 minutes. Each day to keep the crazies away. 1800 seconds without hearing about Dora's 10th birthday (again!). Thirty minutes without having to pretend like I'm a monster, hide in the same spot over and over again, and wipe bogies for the 100th time. Half an hour to do something I want, to listen to music, go for a run, or just sit with my cup of coffee and read a good book.
This morning I had that half hour. And then some. It. Was. Glorious.
6 am- woke up to Kiley smiling at me, talking about something or other. Stealing peices of my heart with each smile and coo... A couple diaper changes and a new outfit later, she was back to sleep around
7 am- got the paper and my first cup of coffee. Read the whole paper!
8 am- house is still silent. huh?
8:20-9am explored the neighborhood with my feet and an ipod.
9am- return to house, refreshed and rejuvinated ready for chaos. Everyone STILL sleeping. Double huh?
9:05 shower and second cup of coffee. Sweet.
10 am Nanny McPhee comes to the door and takes the kids and Scott away for a day. oh, wait, that never happened.
Still. A pretty glorious morning. Those thirty minutes away (+) were much needed, and so appreciated. I feel pretty lucky to be able to have those thirty minutes on most days of the week, mostly because I have a pretty fabulous husband. I look forward to them and cherish them.
And yet. I always find myself running just a little bit faster those last few blocks... to push myself and burn a few extra calories, sure. But also because I can't wait to hear all about the adventures Jaxon's been on, hide in that same spot again, and pretend to be afraid of the monsters chasing us. And really, how could you not run back to these kids...

Loves the water shooter... at Darlene's this afternoon. He did not stay dry long! I love this picture. Captures everything about Jaxon in one shot.

First smiles...

Goofy smiles... with a frosting mustache!
They are gonna be best friends... everytime Kiley lays on the play mat, Jaxon has to lay right beside her. He always wants to hld her hand and play the music for her. We'll see how long this lasts...
Yup. I'm tired. I haven't had a nap, and I'm about to go down a metal slide. I'm beginning to wonder if mom was right when she said I shouldn't have eaten two cookies, a rice crispie bar, and another big cookie for lunch?

3 comments:

  1. I know exactly what you mean. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was great seeing you all yesterday. Thank You for sharing Jaxon with me. He has such a fun spirit. I will miss him and all the other kids so much. Loved the water rockets.

    ReplyDelete
  3. wait till they move 3 states away (Denver) and you wish you could go back in time and do it all over again.

    ReplyDelete