Wednesday, August 25, 2010

let's try this again.

Earlier this summer, when Kiley was only about two weeks old, I decided I had to get out of the house and get Jaxon somewhere fun. He was driving me crazy as much as I'm sure I was driving him to boredom. So we ventured to the Como Zoo. It was pretty much a disaster. It was hot. There were way too many people there for 10 am on a weekday. And I was clearly in no shape to be pushing sixty pounds of double stroller filled with moodiness and a baby needing to eat every hour. But today, I got up the nerve to try it again. We've been able to time some things right, and I thought what the heck? So, here we are, all excited to go to the zoo! It only took an hour this time to get us ready and out the door. (Yes, Kiley is wearing a halter top and skinny jeans. I told her it is probably the only time she'll ever be able to wear 'skinny jeans' if she indeed came from my gene pool.) Our plan was to go to the zoo and then have a picnic, and maybe have time for some rides. That all changed however, once we drove by this sign... And how could anyone say no to this? Or this? Especially since silly me, bought a pass at Nickelodeon Universe the day before, thinking there were a bunch of rides he could go on, but really, he's not tall enough to go on any of them by himself. Boy did that suck to explain!! And here's Jaxon just checking out the engine, making sure everything is working properly...
So, we rode a couple of rides. Well, Jaxon did. Kiley and I just provided support from the sidelines. Things like, "Jaxon, give your card to the man so he can swipe it" (as he just bypasses everyone to beeline it for the blue car); and "Jaxon, buckle your seatbelt", and "Jaxon, put your hand down or they're gonna stop the ride."
This nice lady gave Jaxon some one on one attention as he was the only one on the ride. She told him if he wanted to stop to just put his hand up in the air.
Unfortunately, all he heard was, 'put your hand up in the air'.
After awhile, we decided to take a break by the zebras (the only part of the zoo we actually saw)and have our picnic lunch.
This was one of our best days of the summer. I'm so glad we decided to try it again.

5 comments:

  1. I love it. Looks like you had a wonderful time and the weather was perfect too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I just realized that he is sitting there waiting for lunch with his hand on his hip. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. This post made me happy. You guys are cute. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fun day and a few laughs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Scott and Brenna for the picture of Kiley. She is just precious, I sent the blog site off to Kiara, so she can keep up on the family.

    ReplyDelete