Tuesday, February 8, 2011

losing track of time

Lately I find myself asking the same question over and over... 'what day is it?'. Where on earth does the time go? I swear if God was thinking straight he would have put 30 hours in a day so I could get it all done.

 But, then I sit back sometimes and think (and this is a stretch for me), that perhaps it isn't all meant to get done. Perhaps it gives us a sense of purpose to have a neverending to-do list. Makes us strive for more. Something like that.

Anyway, since I've been deficient in blogging, I am attempting to play catch up in one fell swoop so you can see what we've been up to... check that one off the to-do list!

Miss Kiley. She is a piece of work. The girl cried the first three months of her life, and now we can't get her to stop smiling. Okay, well, when she had croup, she wasn't exactly like this: 


This girl is too much fun. I want to bottle her up right now so I can take her with me to meetings and boring seminars. I love walking into daycare when she sees me. She is just so excited.  She's also really into her food these days- loves any kind of fruit or vegetable. I'm sure that will end. Loves eating her puffs. And could not think of anything more fun to do than laugh at Jaxon or play with her glowworm. Lately I've been having fun dressing her up in cute little outfits, tickling under her armpits, and watching her sleep after a nice full bottle. She is gorgeous and I can't help but notice she takes after me with her little attitude.

She is a keeper!


And Jaxon. He has an attitude all his own. It was his turn to be stuck home for two days with croup, so he's been working the system pretty good. I swear, as soon as Scott left the house tonight, he started trying to get me to let him stay up later, have more snacks, anything to prolong the inevitable bedtime. He's sharing his room with his sister now- a smoother transition than once anticipated- so far so good, but she's not fully mobile yet, so we'll just wait and see.


Jaxon started gymnastics last week. We all sort of joked at Christmas time about how he was a natural gymnast. But I think he actually is. He was enthralled with the older girls who were practicing while we were there. After watching them, he just jumped right in and got on the balance beam, trampoline, climbed over and under things... he was LOVING it and I'm so glad I didn't listen to Scott who said 'gymnastics is for girls'. To see the smile on his face and hear him asking about it every day since made it so worth it. Besides, if Jaxon can wear high-heeled boots and prance around in underwear, he can certainly do gymnastics.


The bonus part of Jaxon being in gymnastics is that every Wednesday night, I know I'm going to have a little bit of extra time that night because chances are Jaxon is going to feel like this at the end of his class. It's like being hypnotized. He becomes very sleepy... best thing ever.


And that's about what we've been up to with a few other things here and there ;-)

2 comments:

  1. I love both of their little personalities! Kiley is gorgeous and you deserve constant smiles after all that crying! And Jaxon - oh, that kid makes me laugh. I'm so glad he's loving gymnastics!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ahhh...just what Grandma needed.....thanks for finally posting B.....Ms K sure is a smile button and Jaxon has me on the floor with tears in my eyes....can't wait to see you guys next weekend....Dad and I could use some J & K joy!!

    ReplyDelete