Monday, October 3, 2011

lovies

When I think about lovies, I think about the sterling silver jump rings from ViaMurano. They're the ones that are not quite perfect...they nestle around each other, connected.

When most people buy their jump rings, they are individual, separated from one another.

But I buy Lovies.

I like to think about them hugging one another, like they just can't let go... can't go anywhere without one another.

Babies and kids have Lovies too.

Last week, Kiley brought her white blanket, her lovie, to daycare. We left it there on accident.

Oh my.



She needed her lovey.

Here, I thought, I could simply replace it with a different blanket at night and she'd go right to sleep.

She did not.

When you have a lovie, no other will do.


After pointing out all of this new brown blanket's faults, screeching, and waking up every hour or so because she did not recognize this new piece of fabric in her bed...I finally replaced it with one of Jaxon's blankets since he was already sound asleep.



Know what? His lovey worked just a little bit better. Turns out she has a soft spot for Jaxon. That or she was just really tired and didn't know I was tricking her. 

Either way. We will be looking for a backup lovey to keep on hand in the event we ever do such a thing again.

Which we will not!

2 comments:

  1. Oh, you've gotta have backups. We have five. Not kidding.

    That first snuggly picture of Kiley is so precious.

    ReplyDelete