Friday, October 14, 2011

Swiper, no swiping!

Jaxon has taken a liking to going to bed and then coming out of his room "to tell us something". Usually several times.

Some of the better nightime excuses of late...

"Mom, I have to tell you something. My pecker is goofy." (Yes, he calls his penis a pecker. and yes, apparently these things start this young??)

"Mom, I have to tell you something. I found a feather in my bed."

"Mom, I have to tell you something. I had a dream. And it was about a dinasaur and my baby sister. The dinosaur ate my baby sister."

Me: Go to sleep Jaxon.
Jaxon: "I don't know how."

"Mom, I have to tell you something. My finger is goofy. I have a hangnail."

Jaxon: "Dad, I have to tell mom something. Mom, I can't find my pillow and blanket."
Me: "You mean the one that is in your bed. You can't find it?"
Jaxon: "Yeah. I couldn't find it."

And the very best... was the other night, Jaxon came running into our room in the middle of the night- "Daddy, daddy. I'm scared. Swiper the Fox was in my room and was swiping stuff."

And now... almost every night, Jaxon is concerned about Swiper coming in and swiping stuff. Though I think we have him convinced that I e-mailed Swiper and he is in South America so it is too far away for him to get to Minnesota to swipe anything. Whew!

1 comment: